About 45 minutes
Baked Gnocchi in Tuscan Cream
- 1 package plain gnocchi (500g)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 c mixed yellow & red cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ c sundried tomatoes (oil packed) sliced
- Pinch of oregano
- ½ tsp Rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 cracks fresh pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes, more if you like
- 1 chicken (vegetarians use veggie) bouillon cube
- ½ c hot water
- ½ c whip cream
- ¾ c grated mozzarella
- ¼ c fresh grated Asiago cheese
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Step by Step Instructions
Set the oven to 350°.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large heavy skillet and sauté the onions and garlic for about a minute, then add the cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper, Rosemary, oregano, and chili flakes, and sauté about 5 minutes more.
Add the bouillon cube to the hot water and stir to dissolve, then add the stock along with the whip cream and the sundried tomatoes to the pan and bring up the heat to medium high. Maintain a soft boil until the sauce begins to thicken – about 5 minutes.
Next add gnocchi, Asiago, spinach, basil, and parsley. Mix well then transfer everything into a greased medium sized baking dish (8×8 or there about is a good size). Scatter the mozzarella over top, then pop this beautiful creation into the oven for about half an hour, until the mozzarella is melted and golden brown. Serve into pasta bowls, then sit down and enjoy the rich, savory flavors of this amazing dish!
Did You Make This??? Please hit the love button (on the left!) and also let us know how it turned out!