About 30 minutes
Basil Pesto Gnocchi with Chicken
- 500 g package of plain gnocchi
- 1 lb chicken (breast, boneless, skinless thigh, tenders – your choice!) cubed
- Sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic granules
- ½ c cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ c (more if you like!) of basil pesto (recipe here if you would like to make your own!)
- Olive oil to sauté
- Fresh grated Parmesan to garnish
Step by Step Instructions
Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the gnocchi.
Add a splash of olive oil to a heavy skillet over medium heat and sauté the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic granules until the chicken is cooked through and golden on the edges.
When the chicken has almost cooked through, cook the gnocchi to package instructions, drain well and add it to the pan with the chicken. Add the pesto and tomatoes, mixing well over medium heat until the tomatoes begin to soften (add more pesto to your preference if you like!).
When the tomatoes have softened share the gnocchi over 4 shallow bowls, sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan, then sit down and enjoy the delicious dinner that you just created in no time at all!