About 35 minutes
Beef & Greens Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
- 1 lb beef stir fry strips
- 1 package (454g) fresh chow mein or Farkay noodles (the soft noodles, not the dry noodles – they are usually found in a cooler at your grocer. Dry will do in a pinch, but the soft noodles are nicer)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ c snap peas, left whole
- 1 small baby bok choy, leafy greens separated from the stocks and cut into ribbons, stocks chopped
- 1 small daikon radish, sliced into thin rounds
- ½ c peanuts, crushed
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 lime wedges to garnish
- Butter for stir fry
- Sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic granules
½ c peanut butter
Juice from 2 limes
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 6 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2” piece fresh ginger, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp chili flakes
Step by Step Instructions
Place all sauce ingredients into a small food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour half of the sauce into a measuring cup, add ¼ c water, mix well and set aside.
Place the other half of the sauce into a small bowl and mix in ½ of the crushed peanuts. Set aside.
Melt a little butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
While the onions are on the go prepare the noodles to package instructions then drain well and set aside.
Once the onions are translucent turn up the heat to medium high and add the beef along with a good sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic granules. Stir fry until it’s rare, then add the bok choy stocks, snap peas, and daikon rounds and stir fry about 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and stir in the leafy greens from the bok choy.
Place a wok or large pot on the stove over medium heat. Add the sauce that you mixed water into along with the noodles and toss the noodles through the sauce.
When the noodles are nice and hot and evenly coated share them over 4 plates. Share the beef and veggies over the noodles then ladle the peanut sauce that you mixed crushed peanuts into generously over each serving.
Scatter fresh cilantro and the rest of the crushed peanuts overtop then sit down and enjoy the delightful, sweet, spicy, peanutty masterpiece that you have created for dinner!