about 45 min
Beef & Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 lb stir fry beef strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 crown broccoli, stems chopped, cut into florets
- 1 c snap peas
- 1 small package bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½“ fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar or 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp honey (if using Mirin, omit the honey)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Splash of warm water
- Butter or coconut oil to stir fry
- 1 ½ c uncooked rice
- Sesame seeds to garnish
Step by Step Instructions
Cook rice as per package instructions.
Melt butter (or coconut oil) in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and stir fry until they become translucent.
Add beef, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, (chili flakes (optional)) and ginger. Stir fry until beef is medium rare then add red pepper, broccoli, peas, soy sauce, Worcestershire, sesame oil, rice vinegar & honey (or mirin) and stir fry until broccoli is bright green and tender crisp.
Next add corn starch to a splash of warm water and mix well and add to the stir fry. Stir well until sauce begins to thicken (if the stir fry is dry, add a splash of water). Add bean sprouts and mix well. Remove from heat and keep warm until rice is done.
When rice has finished, serve rice across four shallow bowls, top with stir fry, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!