about 1 hr
Caesar Roasted Potatoes and Chicken with
Watermelon & Blueberry Salsa
- 4 Chicken Thighs (bone in, skin on, leg attached) or 8 thighs
- 4 lg Potatoes, scrubbed and cut into eigths
- ½ cup Caesar Dressing (purchase or make your own dressing).
- 1 1/2 cups Watermelon, in small cubes
- ¾ c fresh Blueberries
- ½ cup Cucumber, in small cubes
- 10 leaves fresh Basil, chiffonade
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Berry Vinegar (Strawberry Vinegar is lovely, but any fruit vinegar will do – even apple cider vinegar!)
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ tsp Chili Flakes (optional)
- 4 c salad greens
- 1/2 c Cherry Tomatoes, cut into halves
Step by Step Instructions
Set the oven to 350. Place potato cubes into a large bowl and add half the Caesar Dressing. Mix until potatoes are evenly coated, then pour potatoes onto parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
Add chicken thighs and legs to the same bowl along with the rest of the Caesar Dressing. Mix and toss until chicken is evenly coated, then place chicken on its own parchment lined baking sheet.
Place the pan of chicken and the pan of potatoes into the oven and roast for 45 min to an hour, until potatoes are tender to the fork, chicken is cooked through, and everything is nicely browned.
While chicken and potatoes are cooking, prepare your salsa. Add watermelon, blueberries, cucumber, basil, olive oil, berry vinegar, a dash of salt and about 10 cracks of fresh black pepper (chili flakes as well, if you are using them) to a medium sized bowl. Stir until everything is evenly combined and set aside until chicken and potatoes are done.
When chicken and potatoes are done, place salad greens over four plates and top with a few cherry tomatoes. Add potatoes and chicken to each plate and, using a slotted spoon, top the chicken with Watermelon and Blueberry Salsa (use all of the salsa on the chicken, or add a bit to each salad if you like – but it doesn’t keep all that well, so best to use it all). There will be a lovely bit of Berry Vinaigrette in the bottom of the salsa bowl – use it to drizzle over the greens for a dressing.
You have just prepared a beautiful meal – sit down and enjoy it!
Did You Make This??? Please hit the love button (on the left!) and also let us know how it turned out!