About 45 minutes
Curried Lamb Stew
- 1 lb lamb stew (beef or pork are fine too!) in small cubes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 carrots, in large chucks
- 2 parsnips, in large chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, in large chunks
- 2 onions, chopped medium
- 4 sticks celery, in large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tin peeled whole tomatoes (400ml – Romas are great!) chopped (reserve the juice they are packed in)
- 1 – 2 tbsp curry paste (depending on how spicy you like it!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 cracks fresh black pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ c raisins
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 2 c fresh spinach
Step by Step Instructions
Melt butter over medium heat in a Dutch Oven. Add lamb and sauté 10 minutes, then add onions, and sauté 2 minutes more. Add carrots, parsnips, celery, garlic, and raisins. Cover and turn heat to low and let simmer gently for 10 minutes, then add potatoes, tomatoes (along with the juice they were packed in), salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
Next, add curry paste, cover and let simmer 10 more minutes, then adjust seasoning and mix in sour cream.
Finally, stir in spinach just before serving (you want it to maintain a beautiful bright green color).
When the spinach has wilted serve the stew into shallow bowls and enjoy the amazing and delicious, savory meal that you have created!