Lunch | Side
About this Recipe
By: Morgana Jane
Oh how I love mango! This salsa is so fresh and delicious and it’s an absolute delight as a snack, side dish, or you can top it with a little protein and make a meal of it. It’s amazingly versatile!
- 1 fresh, ripe mango, cubed
- ½ – 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 green onion tops, chopped
- 1/3 English cucumber, cut into thin quarter slices
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ green pepper, cubed
- Juice of a small lime
- 1/3 c olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In my neck of the woods it’s often challenging to find nice ripe mangoes and even if they look and feel ripe, sometimes they are quite sour which does not really lend itself this recipe (unless you are going for sour/savory!).
If you find that your mango is not up to snuff, add a drizzle of maple syrup or honey to the mix to boost it’s sweet and savory appeal.
Step 1 – Everybody in!
Toss all ingredients into a bowl.
Step 2 – Mix it Up
Mix well until all ingredients are well coated in olive oil and lime juice.
Refridgerate for 1 hour and serve as desired!
Topped with a little garlic roasted chicken makes a great meal!