Chicken Mango Kale Salad with Berry Vinaigrette
- 1 medium bunch Kale, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 large Mango, cubed
- ½ Long English Cucumber, cubed
- Handful of Sugar Snap or Snow Peas, trimmed & cut into thirds
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 Onion, sliced very thin
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped and divided:
1/3 – 2/3
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, plus a good drizzle to coat the chicken
- a healthy drizzle of Berry Vinegar (any kind will do – I like Strawberry Vinegar for this recipe but apple cider vinegar works just as nicely)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 20 cracks fresh Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes (optional)
- Handful of Walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
I was delighted to discover these gems as our local farmers’ market – Purple Peas!!! I wasn’t aware that such a thing existed! Life’s little treasures…
You may not be able to find such a pea as this, but not to worry. Sugar Snap or Snow Peas are a great substitute, and if those are not available, try some nice fresh string beans!
Step by Step Instructions
Set oven to 350°.
Place chicken thighs in a bowl and toss with a drizzle of olive oil, 1/3 of the chopped garlic, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 min or until cooked through.
While chicken is in the oven, prepare your salad. Place chopped kale into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over kale, toss, then use your hands to massage the oil into the kale. Next, add mango, cucumber, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and onion, and set aside until chicken is done.
When chicken is done cut into bite sized cubes. Add fruit vinegar to salad along with salt, pepper, and the last 2/3rds of the garlic (as well as chili flakes and walnuts if you are using them) and top with cubed chicken. Toss well and serve across four plates, then sit down and enjoy this fresh and delicious creation!