About 40 minutes
Curried Chicken Wraps
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small cubes
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 2 sticks celery, chopped small
- ½ apple, cored and chopped small
- 1/3 English cucumber, chopped small
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 c raisins
- ¼ c shredded coconut
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¾ c plain yogurt
- 2 – 3 generous tsp curry paste or powder (use as much or as little as you like – to your taste)
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (a little more if you like)
- ¼ c olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 5 c mixed salad greens (1 c to dress the wraps, 4 c for side salads)
- ½ c cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ c pea sprouts (any sprout will do!)
Step by Step Instructions
Melt coconut oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the cubed chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic granules and sauté until cooked through and nicely browned (about 10 minutes).
While the chicken is cooking add yogurt, lime juice, salt, curry paste/powder, and honey/maple syrup to a large bowl, and whisk until well combined. Add cilantro, coconut, raisins, apple, cucumber, celery, and onion – mix to combine and set aside.
When chicken is cooked through remove it to a plate and let it cool for about 10 minutes. While chicken is cooling, prepare your salad dressing: whisk together olive oil, juice of half a lime, and honey in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Set aside.
When the chicken has cooled add it to the curry mixture and mix well.
Spread 4 tortilla wraps on the counter. Make a line of greens (just a little) down the center of each wrap. Add a couple of spoonfuls of curried chicken on top of the greens (not too much as the filling will ooze out of the wrap!). Pull one side of the wrap overtop and fold the side edges over, then roll the wrap closed. Cut each wrap in half (optional – you can serve them whole).
Place about a cup of salad greens on one side of each of 4 plates. Scatter cherry tomatoes over the greens and top with a smattering of pea sprouts. Give the salad dressing a good shake and drizzle a little dressing over each salad. Place one wrap on each plate and serve. And… get the napkins ready – this wonderfully flavorful dinner is delicious and can be very messy!