Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lb beef cut into thin strips (steak or flank will do just fine)
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed, stems trimmed and sliced, heads cut into medium sized florets. Separate stems from florets.
- 1 large Onion, in long slices
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped into small/medium squares
- Handful of Sugar Snap Peas in the Pod (optional – any type of Peas in the pod will be fine)
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- Fresh Ginger (1 – 2”) peeled and chopped (or 1 Tsp ginger powder)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil (Toasted is nice!)
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes (less if you don’t want much of a kick)
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Organic Corn Starch
- 2+ Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil for stir-frying
- 1 cup short grain brown rice (or whichever type of rice you prefer. Prep times below are based on 45 min cook time for short grain brown rice cooked to package instructions)
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Rice, Rice, Baby!
Start cooking brown rice about 45 minutes before you intend on eating dinner. Adjust cooking time if you use white rice instead of brown. Prep your veggies, beef, and the sauce while the rice cooks.
Step 2 – Get Saucy then Take a Break!
Prep and chop veggies and beef and set aside. Next, get saucy. Place Fresh Ginger and Garlic Cloves into small food processor and pulse until finely chopped, then add: Soy Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Honey, and Organic Corn Starch, and pulse until smooth. Pour into small container, mix in Chili Flakes and set aside.
Now put your feet up for a few minutes because you don’t need to begin stir-frying until 15 minutes before rice is done.
Step 3 – Get Cookin’!
When rice is about 15 minutes from being done, you’re ready to stir-fry. Add Butter or Coconut Oil to a wok or large skillet and set over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the beef along with the broccoli stems, stirring frequently until about half cooked. Then add Onion and keep stirring for about a minute. Next, add broccoli florets and stir for another minute until florets begin to turn bright green. At this point, add the sauce, red pepper, and peas in the pod. Turn heat to medium and stir until sauce begins to thicken (about 1 minute). Remove pan from heat until rice is done.
When rice has reached perfection serve into bowls. Scoop a healthy portion of stir-fry mixture over each bowl of rice, and drizzle with a little extra sauce from the pan. Serve and Enjoy!