about 30 minutes
Ham, Apple, Avocado Salad
- 1 lb ham, cut into half inch cubes (a ham steak works well or an unsliced piece of ham from the deli that you can cut into cubes would do the trick)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1/3 c English cucumber, cubed
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 c mixed salad greens
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
Place all dressing ingredients into a small jar or bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
Prepare salad ingredients as noted above and put them into a large bowl (except the salad greens) and toss well. Set aside.
Make a bed of salad greens on each of 4 plates (about a half cut each). Add the salad dressing to the salad and toss gently until everything is evenly coated.
Divide the salad over the salad greens on each plate – then sit down and enjoy this beautiful, bright, and delicious salad!
Did You Make This??? Please hit the love button (on the left!) and also let us know how it turned out!