about 30 minutes
Ham, Apple, Avocado Salad
- 1 lb ham, cut into half inch cubes (a ham steak works well or an unsliced piece of ham from the deli that you can cut into cubes would do the trick)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1/3 c English cucumber, cubed
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 c mixed salad greens
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
Place all dressing ingredients into a small jar or bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
Prepare salad ingredients as noted above and put them into a large bowl (except the salad greens) and toss well. Set aside.
Make a bed of salad greens on each of 4 plates (about a half cut each). Add the salad dressing to the salad and toss gently until everything is evenly coated.
Divide the salad over the salad greens on each plate – then sit down and enjoy this beautiful, bright, and delicious salad!