About an hour
Lemon Dill Baked Salmon with Garlic Roasted Veggies
- 1 large filet of salmon (enough for 4 servings)
- ¼ c olive oil (or melted butter)
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 or 3 tsp fresh dill (dry is fine too, but fresh is nicer!)
- 1 lemon, half sliced into thin wheels,
the other half quartered
- 2 medium celery root, peeled and cubed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cubed
- 1 red onion, cubed
- 1 leek (including the green top!), sliced
- 1 small delicata squash, seeded and sliced (if they are not available, substitute a medium zucchini)
- ½ c cashews (raw)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 c fresh salad greens
Step by Step Instructions
Heat oven to 395°.
Prepare celery root, peppers, fennel, onion, leek, and delicata as noted above and place them in a large bowl with the cashews. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic granules and mix well then pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and pop them into the oven and set a timer for 25 minutes.
Place salmon on another parchment lined baking sheet and ensure that the parchment is large enough to fold around the fish like an envelope.
In a small bowl mix olive oil with dill, salt, and pepper then use a pastry brush to spread the mixture over the salmon filet. Place lemon wheels on top of the fish and wrap the parchment around the fish securing it with a metal clip, then set aside.
When the timer goes off for the veggies reduce the heat in the oven to 350° and pop the salmon into the oven alongside the sheet of veggies and bake for 20 minutes.
When everything is done slice the salmon into 4 pieces and serve along with a wedge of lemon to each of 4 plates. Add about 1/2 c of salad greens to each plate and top the bed of greens with a serving of roasted veggies. Now sit down and enjoy the beautiful flavors of this satisfying dinner!