less than 45 minutes
Pancetta, Salami, Onion & Basil Baked Naan
- 1/2 lb Pancetta, sliced and cut into cubes – or 6 slices thick bacon sliced into bits
- 2 dry Salami or Pepperoni Sticks cut into
thin slices (we used Lemon Fennel Dry Salami, but you can use any kind you like!)
- 3 small Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 c fresh Spinach Leaves (12 leaves or so)
- 12 fresh Basil Leaves, chiffonade
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh grated Parmesan or Asiago to
- 4 tbsp Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 4 pieces Naan Bread
- 4 c fresh salad greens
- 1/4 c cucumber, cubed
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil & balsamic to dress salad
Step by Step Instructions
Heat oven to 350°.
In a heavy pan sauté pancetta (or bacon) until just crispy and remove to paper lined plate to drain. Set aside. Sauté onions in butter over medium high heat until caramelized – about 10 min. Set aside.
Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and place two Naan Breads on each pan. Spread 1 tbsp sundried tomato pesto (more if you like!) evenly over each piece of Naan Bread. Place four leaves of spinach on each Naan Bread, and sprinkle a smattering of the grated mozzarella over the spinach. Next scatter pancetta, onions, and sliced salami over the spinach and cheese and distribute the rest of the grated mozzarella evenly over the 4 Naan Bread.
Pop both pans into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
While the naans are in the oven, put together a simple green salad to serve along side with the greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic and when the naans are done to your liking – serve and enjoy!