about 45 min
Parmesan Buttered Lemony Pasta Shells with
Chicken, Bacon, & Broccoli
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or two chicken breasts) cubed
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cut into bits
- 1 large crown broccoli, in florets
- ½ c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ c butter (more if you like!)
- 2 lemon wedges (more if you like!)
- 1 lb small pasta shells (or penne)
- Generous amount of fresh grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
Step by Step Instructions
Put a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta and cook pasta as per package instructions, until al dente.
Place the bacon bits into a heavy skillet over medium heat and cook until they just begin to crisp.
When the bacon is about half way done, add the cubed chicken, garlic, salt (go easy, the bacon brings a bit of salt to this dish) and pepper. Stir well to distribute seasoning and continue cooking until chicken is almost cooked through. At this point add the broccoli and tomatoes, cover and maintain medium heat for about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is bright green and tender crisp. Reduce heat and cover until pasta is ready.
When pasta is al dente drain well and return it to the pot. Add the butter and stir until it melts, then add the chicken, bacon, broccoli mixture from the skillet (including any pan drippings!) along with the juice squeezed from the 2 lemon wedges.
Mix until well combined and correct the seasoning. Serve into pasta bowls, sprinkle generously with fresh grated Parmesan, and enjoy the subtle flavors of this simple dish!