45 min +
Pesto Linguine with Italian Sausage
- 1 lb dry Linguine
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage (4 – 6 sausages: beef, pork, chicken, lamb – doesn’t matter!)
- ½ pint Cherry Tomatoes, in halves lengthwise)
- ½ c Basil Pesto (Want home made? Recipe HERE. Pre-made will do just fine if you are pressed for time (or ingredients are not available)!
- 1 tsp Salt
- 20 cracks fresh Black Pepper
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese to garnish
Step by Step Instructions
Set oven to 350°.
Place sausages on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked through. Turn the sausages after 15 minutes so that they brown on two sides.
Put a large pot of salted water on to boil and cook pasta to al dente (refer to package instructions for cooking time). Drain when pasta is al dente and return to the pot. Toss pasta in a drizzle of olive oil, and cover to keep warm until sausages are done.
When sausages are cooked through, remove from oven and slice into rounds (use tongs to hold the sausage so that you don’t burn your fingers!). Add sausage rounds to pasta pot along with basil pesto, salt, pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Use tongs to toss pasta until it’s evenly coated in pesto. Serve to pasta bowls, sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan, serve, and enjoy!