About an hour
Spring Time Lamb Stew
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ lbs lamb stew, cubed (feel welcome to substitute beef or pork)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped in large rounds
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 6 medium potatoes (Yukon Gold are great!) in medium cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ tsp Five Spice Powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ c sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 c fresh spinach
Step by Step Instructions
In a large Dutch oven over medium heat melt butter and sauté lamb until it begins to brown. Reduce heat to medium and add onions, carrots, potatoes, and celery. Sauté until onions are translucent, then add spices and bay leaf, cover, lower heat and let simmer gently for 10 minutes, then add apricots and sundried tomatoes, cover, and gently simmer until veggies are tender (about 20 minutes).
When veggies are done to your liking, taste and correct seasoning as required. If stew is too thin, remove lid and bring up the heat for a few minutes until it thickens up.
Make a bed of fresh spinach on 4 shallow bowls and serve a healthy scoop or two of stew over the spinach – sit down and enjoy the delightful flavors! A glass of Pinot Noir pairs nicely with this dish!